Thursday 15 October 2009

Busy & exciting art season this Autumn

I am planning to see the following exhibitions so if anyone fancy coming along, feel free to let me know, my planning is fairly flexible :)

Two intriguing free exhibitions are currently running at the Victoria & Albert Museum: “Telling Tales: Fantasy and Fear in Contemporary Design” and “All the better to see you with, my dear’: Fairytales and Enchantments

I am going to visit those two tomorrow evening during the late opening as “Telling Tales” finishes next week already...

The more than fascinating “Moctezuma: Aztec Ruler” can be seen at the British Museum is on until 24 January 2010. The British Museum has late openings on Thursdays and Fridays, I’ll probably pick a Thursday as most museums only have late openings on Fridays only.

Whilst there I’ll also pop in to “The power of dogu: ceramic figures from ancient Japan” which is free and runs until 22 November 2009.
Goggle-eyed dogū. 1000-300BC. Tokyo National Museum

The National Gallery displays “Sacred made Real - Spanish Painting and Sculpture 1600 – 1700” until 24 January 2009 and again I will pick on of the late evening opening on Fridays.

Gregorio Fernández's Dead Christ (1625-30)

Pop Life: Art in a Material World” runs at the Tate Modern until January 17th 2010 so I’ll pop in before my membership expires!


I can't really miss an exhibition that has a bunny on the poster, can I?
And last but not least in my little selection, “Anish Kapoor” at the Royal Academy of Arts seems definitely interesting and disturbing from what I have seen so far…

No comments: