Thursday 13 August 2009

Shoot with David Bailey!!

Just coming back home from a photoshoot with David Bailey for the launch of the new Nokia camera phone!!

[info]misseh_vaniteh , Seth and I got spotted last week at the LVMG down the Hobgoblin and asked if we were free for a shoot the following week. I did not get my hopes too high and totally forgot about it since I had not heard anything back until today. It was a bit of last minute organisation as I received a call this afternoon asking me to be in Hackney at 11pm the very same evening.
For a moment I really got worried it was a scam as the alleyway we were supposed to meet really looked dodgy. I am really glad I asked[info]demondaz to chaperone me and I also knew there would be a very good chance to get him in the shoot as well. Mr Bailey seemed almost more interested in him than Vanity and myself!

We went to this extraordinary and surreal designer set that would have been perfect for Alice in Wonderlandt! It is also opens as a restaurant twice a month, I will try to get a link to this truly amazing place. I could have lived there and be the Rabbit in the Hole! ^-^'

The shoot was very relaxed as David Bailey is a very straightforward and open minded person. Maybe too open minded for some, I suspect he offended more than one person in his long career with his comments! He called me "Froggy" (surprisingly!),[info]demondaz was "Toothy", Vanity was "Model #1" and Seth "Charlie Chaplin"!

He seemed to be loving us lot so I am quite impatient to see the results. It basically went like this: "Great! Fantastic! Toothy give me more fangs, Froggy give me big eyes. Model #1 look at me! That's it, I love it! Do you fuck? Did you bring a whip? Lovely evening tonight isn'it? Don't move!" It was hard work to stay still!

It was also quite hilarious to see him using that camera phone -supposedly very good in low light- trying to figure out how to use it and shoving it to his assistant to deactivate that bloody flash! Apparently we all get the new Nokia phone too. Yeah! :D

We have been invited to see the shots in two weeks time for the premier opening of the exhibition "Alive at Night" in Bloomsbury. Will try to get some pictures of the event :)

That’s it for now, I need a good night sleep after all the excitement of the this evening so I hope I do not wake up before the Sun again as I did three mornings in a row! >-<'

No comments: