Monday 3 August 2009

Torture Gardens...

Today I decided that I was going to have a productive and healthy lunch break so I did what I have hated all my life: running.

I packed up my stuff this morning, got changed in the toilets and left work as discreetly and surreptitiously as possible so no one would see me in my *black* running gear.

My target for my first run since the age of 5 was to cross Regent’s Park from Park Square East (next to Great Portland Street Station) straight up to the north exit that leads to the Zoo. I thought that if I managed it would already be a miracle even thought the distance might seem ridiculous to most people.

Well , not only I managed to drag my butt all the way despite having a stitch after running eight metres and half, I also ran all the way back after a little break to recompose myself and to fix my trousers that are too big for me which basically means that everyone in the park that day saw the pink panties I smartly picked this morning... -_-‘

I was hoping to find someone about as slow as me and run behind them to motivate me but the only person I found stopped a few metres after I started stalking her. Not fair, I swear I was being discreet!

I was also relying on all those muscled bare chest men that are normally everywhere when you don’t want them to distract me from the pain but today there was none! Typical... I will have to find where they all run...

Anyway that’s 2.7km to beat for my next run planned at the end of the week or beginning of next one depending on my recovery. It would be very wise to give a call to [info]deltress to check what to do to recover a little faster :)

No one at work seemed to notice I came back bright as a poppy, limping and smelling of baby wipes so I guess I can definitely do it again.

There was also a box of Celebration chocolates on the table when I came back so someone must have known how much of miracle it was for me to run! I wonder if there will be another one for my next run...

Given the fact that my muscles started aching barely an hour after the run, I think that I will need to be carried to bed and spoon fed for the rest of the week by [info]demondaz . What a shame! ^-^’

No comments: